Sunday, September 28, 2014

Cerro Arco Trek


 A few days into Mendoza, after plotting to get out of this bustling hostel I decided to do something with my life. The choice came down to Mountain Biking and Trekking. Mountain biking sounded very appealing until I had flashbacks of my poor wrists from snowboarding and decided to stick to only one extreme sport per month, for now at least. So on a trek I went, which turned out to be a code word for ¨pretty steep hike¨. Well here are a few recaps




The trek took about an hour and was full of beautiful scenery, as everything has been in this region. It also served as good exercise, since I seem to have forgotten how to do that consistently (don’t kill me coach).


While looking out over the city, a group of men arrived and caught my attention. You can read about what happened with that in Story Time.


Had great conversation with my new found friend Val, who is a German woman living in Austria. Side note: a substantial amount of my first conversations with people have been about government, politics and religion (faux pas), and the one with Val was no different but it was AWESOME. That is all.



Le group (Val in red)

No comments:

Post a Comment