Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Snowboarding: Valle Nevado

One day, after talking to a guy in my hostel and looking at the mountains I decided...let's go to the snow! I was cold everyday anyway, so I might as well make it worth while. (It's not snow-cold in Santiago but I'm cold nevertheless). So, the rest is below!



Problems:

1.Figuring out my lead foot; the right was more comfortable but the left had more control...I don't know what that means!

2. I can't go slow

3. I can't stop...unless I fall



Because of this, falling became inevitable especially when I came close to other people or turns I was unsure of...sad times. However, I had a blast!


Mid-slope chat







A snippet on the action







I was hot so I laid down for some snow AC




Accidental pic I liked




On the lift




Waiting for my teacher




Chico, my teacher, and I





2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin!
    I've just tuned into your blog, and it looks like things are going great! It's so wonderful to see and even better hear you! Keep the stories coming, and stay safe. I'll be sending you good wishes all year! Big hugs, Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Adrienne! I will be in touch.

      Delete